We’re looking for a Senior Security Response Engineer to join our antimalware team.
We’re doing some seriously bleeding edge stuff, so this is the place to be if you want to be involved in some of the most interesting research in the business.
Responsibilities: The Senior Security Response engineer will serve as a technical supervisor to a team of engineers creating antivirus signatures. The engineer will also be required to reverse engineer malicious code threats with the goal of creating antivirus signatures and custom reports detailing the threat’s actions. The position entails providing day-to-day technical guidance to other engineers on the team including provisioning work and ensuring deliverables are met.
The engineer will be required to create tools and systems to aid in reverse engineering malicious threats including file format parsers, unpackers, and system monitoring tools. In addition, the engineer is expected to remain apprised of current security trends and topics. This position may require weekend availability and the engineer must be able to work under high-pressure situations.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Solid x86 assembly and C/C++ programming skills.
- Solid understanding of networking and Windows system internals.
- Experience in reverse engineering including using disassemblers and debuggers is mandatory.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Perl or Python is a plus.
- Relocation to Tampa Bay, Florida required. (Relocation assistance provided.)
Please email Eric Sites, CTO at eric at sunbelt-software dot com.
More jobs, including several senior .net programming positions, here.