Good ole Koobface worm is back. This time it’s on Twitter.
Here’s how it works:
1. you get a tweet from a friend with the text:
- My home video :);
- michaeljackson’ testament on youtube, or
- Watch my new private video! LOL :).
2. you click the link and go to a Facebook page with a video
3. you run the video
4. you get infected. Then every time you log into Twitter, Koobface sends similar tweets to all your friends to infect them.
Oh, yes. If you get infected, don’t bother spreading it to Alex Eckelberry. Someone was nice enough to email his family the Koobface variant in April (see his blog piece here.)