Steve Bass writes about an MS KB article that explains why XP SP 2 might slow your system down. Steve Bass link here, Microsoft link here.
Microsoft’s reasons why you may have a slowdown:
- You have spyware or malware running on the computer.
- You have viruses that are running on the computer.
- You do not have sufficient free space on the hard disk.
- You do not have sufficient random access memory (RAM) installed on the computer.
- You have corrupted or outdated drivers.
- You have too many files in the Recycle Bin or temporary folders
In other words, a general statement of the obvious to any reasonably technical computer user.
As I’ve said before, there is no excuse these days not to have XP SP 2 on your system. From a security standpoint, it’s absolutely essential. For example, we have never been able to infect an XP SP 2 system with the keyloggers we’ve found through an exploit. But do you know that one of the people we found infected with that Winldra keylogger back in August was a security professional? It was on his laptop and he hadn’t bothered to get SP 2. I think he was more of a Linux guy at work and his laptop was not his primary work system, maybe used for personal stuff. He had just never applied SP 2.
Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my call company conference reservationless blog
Super blog. I web surf when I have the time for
blogs like this one.Your site was nice and will be
Please come by and see my plastic surgery pic blog.